Pattern Recognition and
Image Processing Group
Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology
183.280/186.836 VO/UE Structural Pattern RecognitionFor VO schedule & exams see TISS, For UE schedule & exams see TISS
- Relations between patterns in space and time;
- Representing structure: strings, arrays, trees, graphs, maps and grammars;
- Shape and context, embedding in an n-dimensional space;
- Distances on a given structure; graph spectra and eccentricity;
- Operations on structures and among structures: recognition, parsing;
- Exact and inexact matching;
- Modification of structure under motion and tracking;
- Topology (nD holes, persistence); applications.
Aim of the lab-course (UE):
These lab exercises in structural pattern recognition should apply and intensify the knowledge from the associated lecture by means of practical examples or closely related papers.