Pattern Recognition and
Image Processing Group
Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology
Due to major construction works in our server room all PRIP-servers will be offline between 23.3.2018 at 18:00 until the 26.3.2018 at approximately 18:00. In this time all our websites will be offline and you will not be able to contact us via Email.
We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
Projects and ThesesWe offer various topics and problems for:
- Bachelorarbeit für Informatik und Wirtschaftsinformatik (186.825 PR)
- Praktikum aus Visual Computing (186.838 PR)
- Diplomarbeit/Mastersthesis (183.293 SE)
- Doctoral thesis (183.304 SE)
How to find a topicFIRST: Check if you are with the right group. PRIP offers topics in the fields of:
- Pattern Recognition
- Image Processing
- Computer Vision
- Select one of the open topics below and get in contact with us (email, PRIP dialog).
- Join one of our PRIP dialogs and get to know our current research topics.
- Come up with your own topic (within our main research areas) and get in contact with us (email, PRIP dialog).
- Application for Bachelor thesis
- Application for Praktikum/Master-/Diploma thesis
- Application for Doctoral thesis
- Currently valid guidelines for PhD
In the following, you can find currently open topics, where we are actively searching for interested and motivated students.
|Development of a pose-independent representation of 2D horse shapes
Master's thesis/Practicum/Bachelor thesis
The Spanish Riding School with its Lipizzan horses is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Vienna. In breeding, it is desirable to objectively evaluate the traits of a Lipizzan horse based on quantitative measurements. Unfortunately, traditional approaches of measurement lead to a low repeatability rate due to pose changes of the horse and/or differences between the measurement techniques of different people.
The aim of this thesis is to develop a representation of a 2D horse shape, which is independent of pose OR to develop an approach which is able to “normalize” the current pose of a horse to a standard-pose.
For detailed information see announcement.
InfosHow to write a thesis
2014 PRIP, Impressum
This page is maintained by Webmaster ( webmaster(at)prip.tuwien.ac.at ) and was last modified on 29. January 2018 10:42